- Fresh Yukon Gold potatoes (or another variety of your choice…ask your student! He or she should be able to name a few varieties) cut into thin slices
- A dash or two of oregano or a different favorite herb of your choice
- A pinch of salt to sprinkle on top of the potatoes
- A little water to create steam in the pan and to minimize how much the potatoes stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Place all ingredients in the pan and cook on low with the lid on, checking frequently.
- Eat when they are easily cut through with a knife.
- If you are not using a non-stick skillet, you will want to use a little oil with the heat on low so as to prevent burning.