Browse through our archive of newsletter articles and blog posts about Midwest Food Connection!
- Check out Molly’s article in Mississippi Market’s Market Medley about the new school-year ahead and MFC’s new lesson series, “Climate Conscious Cuisine.”
- Read Haruko’s article on kids in the outdoors in the Mississippi Market’s Fall 2014 member newsletter (marking 35 yrs!).
- Urban farms are becoming more prevalent and we have been fortunate to bring students to Growing Lots in Minneapolis. You can read more in this 2012 article in the Seward Co-op’s Sprout! newsletter.
- A 2011 Spring field trip to the Valley Natural Foods Garden is described in a This is Living Naturally Article, by Kristi Purcell.
- “Lynx Links to the Farm – The Cucurbit Family,” an article and crossword puzzle by Haruko Ruggiero, was published online on the Lynx website.
- “Expanding Children’s Food World,” an article by Uli Koester, was published in Seward Coop’s Newsletter Sprout!
- Midwest Food Connection is featured in Mississippi Market’s newsletter in an article by Virginia Pearson called, “Midwest Food Connection gets kids to eat their vegetables!”
- The Wedge Community Co-op newsletter featured an article written by Virginia Pearson, “Midwest Food Connection Challenges Kids to Eat Locally Grown Foods.”(Read the article as a PDF.)
- Micaela Preston, the blogger behind, Mindful Momma: Adventures in Living a Green and Healthy Life and mom to Drew, one of Midwest Food Connection’s students, posted a nice article on how we teach kids to “eat close to the plant.” Here is a PDF of the blog post.
- The Seward Coop published an article by Midwest Food Connection, “Food for Thought” (PDF), in their newsletter, Sprout!
- The Wedge Coop published a retrospective article about Midwest Food Connection,“Natural Food Education in a Changing World: Elementary Program Nears 15-Year Mark” written by our Executive Director, Uli Koester.
- Midwest Food Connection is featured in the Seward Co-op newsletter in an article by Haruko Ruggiero called, “Kids in the Kitchen” in Sprout!.
- Think you’re smarter than a fifth grader? Take the Midwest Food Connection Quiz on healthy eating in Valley Natural Food’s newsletter and find out.
- Learn how Midwest Food Connection is helping Saint Paul students make healthier food choices in Mississippi Market’s newsletter.
- Read about Midwest Food Connection’s educational farm field trips for kids in the article, “Fall Fun with Food: In the Classroom and on the Farm” from Mississippi Market’s newsletter.
- The Wedge featured Midwest Food Connection’s articles, “Dumbing Down Food Choices – Kids Deserve Better” and “Connecting Kids to the Land” in their newsletters.
- Mississippi Market’s August-September 2013 newsletter features an article, “Nurturing Minds” by Haruko Ruggiero about the joy of watching kids learn from the land and from one another.
Our media kit
Helpful info for planning articles, newsletters or upcoming events.